How to Turn on/off Dark Mode in macOS Ventura 13. Are you having a problem with the brightness of your mac? And it is making your eyesight weak. Then all thanks to Apple’s new feature added to macOS Ventura. That you could turn off/on dark mode in macOS Ventura. The dark mode is a new feature that was added by Apple to solve the problem of eye constriction. You might have noticed that if you are not using dark mode the rays coming from your device. Could be harmful to your eyes and because of the rays you could not sleep for a moment after turning off your device.
If you are not using dark mode on your macOS Ventura then it could consume more charge of your mac’s battery. But if you are using dark mode on your macOS Ventura then it could reduce battery consumption and could be helpful for your eye strains.
So in today’s guide or blog, we are going to tell you How to Turn on/off Dark Mode in macOS Ventura 13. So stick to the guide that you should also have knowledge of. While we were surfing for this title across the Internet we found many blogs related to it. But they were missing something necessary.
But in this blog, we combined all of them to make the best out of them. After reading this blog I assure you that you would not regret clicking on this guide.
So let’s get started without wasting any more time.
How to Turn on/off Dark Mode in macOS Ventura 13
Method 1: How to Turn on/off dark mode in macOS Ventura 13 via System settings
- First, click on the Apple icon from the menu bar of your screen.
- Then select System Settings.
3. Head over Appearance.
4. Choose Dark Mode next to Appearance.
Note: If you are using macOS Monterey first go to the apple logo in the menu bar then select the appearance section after that select dark mode.
Note: You can also select automatic mode just between dark and light mode depending on the time of day.
Method 2: Turn on/off Dark Mode via the Control center
- First, Click on the Control Center icon from the upper right corner of your screen.
- Then click on the Display Slider.
- And click on the Dark mode to turn it on.
- Then the theme of your mac will turn dark. And you could work on your mac as long as you want knowing that now the rays coming from your mac won’t hurt your eyes.
- And whenever you wanted to turn the dark mode off go to Control Center>click on display slider>and click to turn it off.
Method 3: Turn on Mac Dark Mode with Siri
So here is the fastest way you could enable or disable dark mode on your mac. And you could do it within seconds. So using Siri is the fastest way you could enable or disable dark mode. Siri listens to all your command and could do things like set an alarm, change the settings, and search for information.
- First, hold the key with the microphone icon till Siri shows up.
- Then just say ” turn on dark mode” to Siri.
And Siri will follow your command and will change the theme to dark. And you could enjoy working on your mac.
How to Turn on Mac Dark Mode or Light Mode in other Apps
So some apps on macOS Ventura allow you to use a different theme. We will show you how to use either light mode or dark mode on apps like mail, safari, and Notes.
- Maps: To use light mode in the maps app while your mac is using dark mode. Simple Open Maps and choose preference. And select ” Always use light map appearance”.
- Mail: In order to use light mode in the mail app. You have to deselect ” Use dark background for Messages” in the Mail’s preferences. Then you could use light mode in Mail.
- Safari: There are some websites which are having dark mode. But for those who are not having you could use Safari Reader to read in Dark Mode.
- Notes: To use light mode in Notes while your mac uses dark mode. You have to deselect ” Use dark backgrounds for note contents” in preferences of Notes.
- TextEdit: To use light mode in TextEdit when mac Dark Mode is on. Deselect ” Use Dark Background for Windows”.
In this guide, we showed How to Turn on/off Dark Mode in macOS Ventura 13 in three simple ways. We hope we provided you with the best blog you could ever find. And also that this article solved your problem. And in the end, do drop your idea of whether you liked this article or not.
How do I get Dark Mode on my Mac?
There are three ways you could get dark mode on your mac. First through “System Settings” second through ” Control center” and the third way is to through ” Siri”.
Is Dark Mode better for your eyes Mac?
Sometimes we work in a place where it lacks sunlight or any other light. So in that condition, you feel that the brightness of the device is too bright. And changing it into dark mode could be helpful for your eyes and could help you focus.
Why is dark mode so popular?
It is because very few apps and webs offer dark mode. And enabling dark mode reduces eye strain and could help you focus more on what you were doing.