How To Play Minecraft Bedrock On A PC. Playing games refreshes our minds. And we also play games when we are bored, some people earn while playing games. So if you are also a games lover and especially Minecraft then you have to see this blog. You could play Minecraft Bedrock on a PC, Xbox, PS4, and mobile phone. You could also play Minecraft Bedrock on your Computer using a PS4 controller or Xbox. But you will need to download the correct version of it having controller support.
In this guide, we will teach you how to play Minecraft Bedrock on a PC. So we will show you the process of playing Minecraft Bedrock on a PC. And we will show how to play this edition of Minecraft on a PC using an Xbox or PS4 controller.
Minecraft Bedrock Edition System Requirements
So before that, we should dive into the process of downloading the Minecraft Bedrock edition. It is necessary for you to check whether your PC fulfills the requirements of downloading Minecraft Bedrock on your PC.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5 series with OpenGL 4.4
- GPU (Dedicated): Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
- HDD: At least 1GB of free space for game core, maps, and other files
- OS: Windows 7/8/10/11
Minecraft Bedrock Edition Pricing
So these are the price of Minecraft Bedrock edition available for different gaming platforms.
- Mobile Version – US$6.99
- PlayStation 4 – $19.99
- Xbox One – $16.74
- Fire TV price – AU$29.95
- Windows 10 Starter Collection – US$29.99
- Windows 10 Master Collection – US$49.99
- Nintendo Switch renditions – US$29.99
How to Play Minecraft Bedrock on a PC
As you know that Minecraft has two versions, the Java edition, and the Bedrock edition. The first version is the original edition, while the latter is the latest version. The Minecraft Bedrock edition is created by Xbox Game Studios, Mojang Studios, and Skybox Labs. This edition of Minecraft differs from the Java edition because it was based on the Bedrock code.
This edition was developed for those platforms and devices that can not support Java. And this version can be installed on Windows 10 and 11, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, and many more. But the Java version can only be installed on Windows, Linux, and Mac. The Bedrock version provides some features that the Java edition can not. This includes Native controller support, available add-ons, cross-platform play, and a smoother gameplay experience.
Previously, you had to choose between the two editions while downloading Minecraft on your device. But now Minecraft offers a package called Minecraft: Java & Bedrock edition. You can download this version of Minecraft in a matter of minutes.
So if you already have a Minecraft Launcher then you could easily switch to Bedrock edition. Here are the steps to play Minecraft Bedrock,
- First, open your Minecraft Launcher.
- And log in to your Microsoft account.
- Then click on “ Minecraft for Windows” from the left sidebar.
- And click on the Green “Play” button.
That’s it. The Minecraft Launcher lets you switch between Java and Bedrock editions every time you turn it on. But if you do not have Minecraft Launcher, follow the steps below; to play Minecraft Bedrock edition.
- First, visit the Minecraft Official website and click on ” Get Minecraft“.
- Then scroll down and under the “How do you want to play Minecraft” section click on the “Computer” option.
- Then you have to choose between the “Base Game” for $26.99 or the “Starter Collection” for $29.99. And you can also use the PC game Pass and join for $1 for the 1 month.
- And you have to log in to your Microsoft account or Xbox account.
- Then just click on the “Buy” option.
After doing this step you must download Minecraft Launcher, which is Specially designed for Windows 11 and Windows 10. But the best thing is that Minecraft Launcher is free to use.
- First, Open Microsoft Store. And search for Minecraft Launcher.
- Then click on the “Get” option. You could also get the app from the game pass.
- And once again click on the “Get” option.
Then you just have to log in to your account and that’s it. Then you could enjoy using Minecraft Bedrock on your PC.
How to Play Minecraft Bedrock on PC With PS4 Controller
You could play Minecraft Bedrock with any Controller, which means that Minecraft Bedrock is compatible with almost every Controller whether it should be PS4, PS5, Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Switch Controller.
If you want to play Minecraft Bedrock on your PC with your PS4 Controller then you have to download Minecraft Bedrock. The Java edition does not support Controller. So to play Minecraft Bedrock edition, you have to enable it first on your PC.
Before you should play it, you will need to perform some extra tasks to launch it from Steam to get PS4 support. Because Minecraft Bedrock is a Windows app store game. Since Steam does not show Windows app games in the non-steam games browser, then you have to install UWPHook.
- First, go and download and install UWPHook. Then you have to open it.
- And Choose “Minecraft for Windows 10” from the list. Then you have to select “Export selected apps to Steam” at the bottom of the Window.
- Then open Steam and if it does not start automatically then go to “Library” to confirm whether Minecraft is added to your games.
- And go to “Settings“.
- Then click on the “Controller” option from the sidebar.
- And click on “General Controller settings“.
- Then from the Controller Settings choose “Playstation Configuration Support“.
- Click on the “Back” option from the bottom of your screen to exit Controller Support.
Then Launch the game and it should have Controller support. And once you are finished with the installation process then you can connect your Controller. You could connect your Controller using a Cable or via Bluetooth.
How to Play Minecraft Bedrock on a PC With Xbox Controller
You can also use the Steam method we have mentioned above for the PS4 controller. But it is up to you. You can even use the Steam program to configure more than one controller. For example. if you have two controllers one PS4 controller and the other Xbox controller. Then Steam will let you both of it while playing Minecraft Bedrock.
So since Microsoft owns both Minecraft and Xbox, then there is another way of doing this. So if you want to play Minecraft Bedrock on your PC with Xbox Controller. Then you have to download the game from the Xbox game, which you will find in Microsoft Store. Every Windows computer has Microsoft Store pre-installed so you do have not to download it from anywhere.
- First, open your Microsoft Store.
- Then search for “Xbox” from the search bar.
- Click on the app and click on the “Get” button to install the app on your device.
- Once it is installed click “Open“.
- Search for “Minecraft” from the search bar.
- Choose the “Minecraft for Windows+Launcher” option from the list.
- And click on the “Install” option to install it.
And that’s all. Once you have installed this version of Minecraft, then you can choose between “Minecraft Launcher” or “Minecraft for Windows”. The launcher will provide the traditional way of starting the game. And you could choose between the editions: Java or Bedrock. To complete it you have to log in to your account and start playing it on your PC.
You have to again select “Minecraft for Windows” while you playing the game. Then you can use your Xbox controller or any other controller with your friends. Make sure that your Controller is connected to your PC via a cable. You could also connect it via Bluetooth.
Download Bedrock Edition On PC Using Mojang
You could use this method if you own a copy of “Classic Minecraft” purchased before October 19th, 2018. Then you could easily install Minecraft Bedrock edition for free.
- First, go and visit Mojang’s Website.
- Then you have to log in to your Mojang account using your Minecraft email and password.
Note: Remember to log in to your Mojang account using the email that you used to purchase the Minecraft Classic.
- Go to the “Minecraft for Windows 10” section and click on the button “Claim your free Copy“.
- Then you will be redirected to Microsoft Store and click the “Redeem” button. (Ensure that you are logged in to your Microsoft account).
- And now you have successfully the game. Then after this, you could directly install the game from Microsoft Store on your device.
Here is something better if you don’t have a copy of Classic Minecraft then you could use the next way to play Minecraft Bedrock edition for free on your PC.
Download Minecraft Bedrock Edition For PC Using Demo
If you don’t have much money to buy Minecraft Bedrock edition then you could use this method to play it for free. So just follow the instruction given below.
- First, go to your browser and visit Minecraft Free Trial Webpage.
- Then you have to select a platform of your choice. Minecraft free trial is available for Windows, Android, and PlayStation.
- And click on the “Get free trial” button. And make sure that you are logged in to your Microsoft account.
- Then you just have to follow the instruction given to your screen to download the game on your PC.
- And if everything went all good, then the Demo version of Minecraft Bedrock edition will be installed on your PC.
So then you could enjoy the Minecraft bedrock edition for free. But remember this Demo version of Minecraft Bedrock edition is for a limited amount of time.
In this guide, we showed you How to Play Minecraft Bedrock on a PC. I hope that this guide was useful to you. And also that this solved your problem. I hope that this article provided you with what you were looking for. If you had any kind of questions or suggestions. Then do tell us in the comment section, I would love to reach out to you.