The history feature in Windows PCs helps to save copies of files stored on the Desktop, Documents, Favorites, Pictures, Videos, Saved Games, Downloads, Music, and other locations to a network location or an external drive on your Windows computers. There are two ways to Quickly Reset File History in Windows 11. So keep reading this article till the end to learn How to Quickly Reset File History in Windows 11.
You can also restore the feature for personal files on your computer to be saved. Using the Control panel and CMD app we will Reset File History in Windows 11. When your File history is turned off then you cannot save your personal files on your computer. When you delete your file history then your device clears up its space and your computer works very smoothly.
Method 1. Use the Control Panel to Reset File History
1. Turn on your Windows 11 computer and then open the Start menu and search Control Panel and open it.
2. Select the Category from the View by and click on System and Security.
3. Click on File History.
4. Now, Click on Turn off to disable the feature.
5. Press WINDOWS + E to open the File Explorer app.
5. Click on the View option and click on Show and then select Hidden items.
6. Go to the following location and then note that File History targets external storage, so ensure you insert your flash drive earlier:
7. Select all items in the folder and click on the DEL key.
8. As another option you can rename the Configuration file to Configuration and you old, and your File History will be reset.