how to transfer your password from a mac to windows. Suppose you have just bought a Laptop whose operating system is windows. And if your older Laptop was a mac and you wanted to transfer your password from your mac. For your new windows Laptop, you must read this article until the very end. This article will guide you on how to transfer your password from mac to windows. So if you are not having the habit of remembering your passwords. And now you want to transfer your password from mac to windows then it is pretty easy to transfer your password.
As you might know that Apple is known for its security and privacy system. And if you have saved your password in your mac then it would be saved on your cloud. If you are using a google account then you could easily your mac’s password to your windows. And you could also import or export your password from your windows to mac also and vice versa.
How to Transfer Your Password From a mac to Windows
As I said in the above section that you could transfer your password from mac to windows and vice versa. If you are using a google account or password manager. Then you could just import them or export them to any other device. But you have to just follow the steps given below.
Steps to Transfer your password from mac to windows
First Export your password from mac
As I said that all of your passwords will be available in your keychain on your cloud. If you have saved them if you want to transfer your password from mac to windows. Then you have to first export them to your local computer and then send it via email or you could use a USB Drive. But you have to always remember that the passwords you would be transferred would be in CVS format.
- First, you have to log in to your iCloud account on your mac.
- Then you have to open your settings by clicking on the logo of Apple. And go to system preferences.
- In there you have to look for the password and click on it.
- After clicking on it you will be asked to enter your mac’s password. And enter the password.
- And if you see it at the bottom of your screen. You will have a three-dot click on it. And click on export password.
- After this step, Apple will warn you that your password will be saved in your keychain on your iCloud. Rather than in CVS format on your computer but you have to ignore it and click on export password. Then just locate the CVS file and save it on your mac.
So now you have gained the access to CVS format on your computer then you could now transfer your passwords to any device you want. If it is a mobile phone then you could Airdrop it to your phone. And you could also send it via cable.
Now import your password to your windows
So now you have gained the access to the password that you export from your mac. Then you have to open your other computer with the windows operating system and then just open your chrome browser. And enter with your Gmail account. And if you haven’t logged in to your browser then just visit passwords.google.com and sign in with your Gmail account.
- So now all the things are done then just click on the settings icon.
- In the settings find Import passwords and click on it.
- Then just locate the CVS Format file and just upload the file.
And that’s it your passwords have been transferred from your mac to windows. Only if you have followed the steps in the above section. And if you have synced your Gmail to your other devices like your mobile phone then your passwords will be synced in that too.
Note: If you are using some sort of third-party app then the steps would remain the same as mentioned above. You just need to find the import password section in its password manager. And just locate the CVS file in there and upload the file and your passwords will be synced through your Gmail account.
In this article, we taught you How to Transfer Your Password From a mac to Windows. We tried our best to bring you the best article related to this title. And we hope that you won’t face any kind of problem because we tried to keep our article simple. So that you shouldn’t face any kind of problems while trying it out. But still, if you faced any kind of problem or any kind of suggestion then do comment to us. We would love to reach out to you.